How to Boost WiFi Signal Through Walls?
Sometimes WiFi router’s users face weak internet signals, even when you are just a step far from the router. If your house has many walls, then you can face similar problem. We know you are tried from these weak WiFi signals troubles and want to dispel it. The simple solution of this mentioned problem is amplifying your router’s signal coverage even through concrete walls. There can be several ways to amplify your WiFi router’s signal in your home. Down here, you will learn some methods that help you to find answer the asked question ‘how to boost WiFi signal through walls’.
How to Boost WiFi Signal Through Walls: Methods
This section consists of efficient methods that depend on area of your house, wiring, and internet packages. Let’s take a look at methods how to boost WiFi signal through wall.
Change Your Router Frequency
Networking devices that are home predominantly use 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These frequencies affect the WiFi signals range and reach in your house. The max coverage a router can provide you is 2.4 GHz. Well in 2.4 GHz reach, you will get low internet speed and in 5 GHz reach, you will get shorter range but fast WiFi signal speed.
You can change or switch the WiFi coverage bands even during using a network device. Let’s see some steps to switch WiFi frequency.
Steps to Change WiFi Frequency
- Link your computer to the router with Ethernet cable.
- Open browser and search 192.168.10.1 or locate the login IP address and admin details on the label of the router.
- Log in to the router’s interface and find SETTINGS tab, click on it. Now go to the WIRELESS option.
- In this WIRELESS tab, switch the frequency to 5GHz and tick the wireless radio check box. Setup the password and save the settings.
Shift WiFi Router’s Spot
If your house has so many concrete walls, then you obviously will face the ‘low internet speed’ problem. Also, electromagnetic devices can trouble you with the network interruptions. So, better up your internet coverage in your house, you must follow these simple steps.
- Make sure you have not place your WiFi router close to any electronic devices and concrete walls.
- If you find any of the circumstances, then change the location of the router to an optimal location.
- You should keep your WiFi networking device in a central location. Just give more space for the WiFi signal bubble.
- Place the router at least 2-3 feet off the ground.
You can use these above written tips if you are facing other similar problems like router keeps disconnecting and internet keeps turned off. So, you can find answer of question ‘why does my wifi keep disconnecting’.
Make a Mesh Network
Adding other network devices to your home network like satellite nodes, provides your home mesh network that can boost internet signals. There are several famous brands that distribute mesh system networking devices like Netgear, TP-Link, ASUS and more others. With the mesh system, you can customize the satellite nodes and expand the number of nodes on your apartment requirement.
Use A Range Extender
Range extenders makes your router’s WiFi signals expand and boost them in your house, even if your home has many walls. Link your new range extender to the router through Ethernet cable. Then complete the configuration and enjoy the boosted internet service. You can find several good quality range extender or repeater like Wireless-N WiFi repeater, Dlink extender, or TP-Link signal repeater.
Update Your Router
Outdated router’s firmware can be a reason why your router can’t get to its high performance. So, update your WiFi router’s firmware by applying these simple steps.
- You must access the login interface of the WiFi router.
- Find and click on the SETTINGS. Then select ADMIN tab.
- Now, you must click on the FIRMWARE option. The screen will show you an Update button down on the page, you just have to click on it and firmware will start updating.
Your WiFi router will start restart itself to upgrade its system. Don’t turn off your internet device and router just while updating the networking device.
Here are the ending lines of this informative and troubleshooting blog in which you have learn about how to boost WiFi signal through walls. We have shared methods that help you to boost your WiFi router’s internet signals in your home. Hope, you have applied all the troubleshooting tips and methods to extend the WiFi signals and using fast internet service in every corner of your house.