Most Effective Tips to Secure WiFi Extender from Hackers
When you just configure your Victony WiFi extender, its settings are set to default. It means all the login details are pretty easy to crack. Do you think your device is secure in such a scenario? Well, we highly doubt that. Therefore, you must secure WiFi extender installed at your home to save your data.
Let us walk you through different tips to secure WiFi extenders in your house. After implementing each tip, your Victony WiFi extender can’t be broken into. So, without further delay, let’s move ahead.
How to Secure WiFi Extender?
Change Login Details
Default admin login password and username are way too easier to crack. Hence, anyone can hack into your WiFi range extender and change its settings. Therefore, you need to secure WiFi extender to keep it safe.
The first step should be changing the default username. So, use a unique and a little difficult username for your Victony WiFi extender. You must not leave the login password to default. So, go for the Victony WiFi extender change password option on your Victony WiFi extender.
Use a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters to make a login password. Furthermore, make sure your password is lengthy and difficult. Save changes to apply whatever you just modified to secure WiFi extender.
To secure WiFi extender, you must enable encryption on your range extender. Thus, we would like you to go through different encryption settings on your extender. Let’s have a look.
Under this encryption setting, the first step is to select a key length. You can choose from 64 and 128bit. Furthermore, you even get to change the key format, Default Tx Key, and input key characters for your password. In short, a perfect first step to secure WiFi extenders from online threats.
- WPA Pre-Shared Key
This is another form of encryption settings of your Victony WiFi extender. In this mode, you get to set an alphanumeric passphrase along with HEX characters (64 characters). Make sure you type the key characters in the KEY field.
- WPA RADIUS
In case you are using a Local Area Network (LAN) and the Radius authentication is activated, you can use WPA RADIUS to secure WiFi extender. Just put in server parameters. For instance, you will need the Server IP address, port number, and passphrase. With that, you can easily configure the settings to enable this feature on your device.
Updates are always crucial to keep your Victony WiFi extender. These come in form of firmware updates. However, most users commit the mistake of either avoiding firmware updates or turning off auto-update features of their wireless extender.
That could be keeping your device outdated. Hence, it will fall prone to numerous online threats. So, we suggest you go for a firmware update. Check out the process mentioned below.
- Power on your Victony WiFi extender
- Make sure you choose a properly working wall socket
- Connect the device to the host router
- For best results, you should use the Ethernet cable
- Get access to an up-to-date web browser
- Open the default IP of your range extender
- Perform extender login process
- Go to the advanced settings of your extender
- Either download the latest firmware model
- Or, choose the update option to automatically update the firmware
- If asked, reboot your device
- Settings will be saved to secure WiFi extender without any hassle
Many times, even minute changes can result in bigger barriers during the process to secure WiFi extenders. Let’s know what you must keep in check.
Tips to Secure WiFi Extender Instantly
- Always use an Ethernet cable to link the WiFi extender and host router
- The placement of your WiFi extender is crucial
- Hence, choose a central, airy, and higher space to place your range extender
- The wall socket should provide consistent electric current to your device
- Never get the firmware from a third-party website
We hope you will keep these points in check. No matter how little the changes seem, these will help you secure WiFi extenders installed in your home or workspace.
Very often, people secure WiFi extenders configured by hiding the SSID of the home WiFi network. It helps you operate under the table so that you stay away from hackers. So, you should use this as well to secure WiFi extender and make it work for a longer time.