Victony AC1200 Setup: A Complete Guide
Victony manufactures the best networking devices that help in meeting our day-to-day internet needs. If you want to extend the existing range of the network in your home, then investing in Victony AC1200 wireless range extender will be a good choice. After buying it, you need to set it up at your home with the existing home network so that you can have access to its network in every nook and cranny of the home. If you are looking for a guide to performing the Victony AC1200 setup, then this guide is there to help you provide clear instructions on the same.
How to Set Up Victony AC1200 Extender?
Victony WiFi extenders can be set up in two ways. One is via the WPS button which involves setting up the extender without having to input the login password. The other way involves logging in to the admin dashboard of the Victony extender using the admin password. Let us tell you about both these ways in detail in the next section.
Victony AC1200 Setup: WPS Method
- Begin by placing the Victony WiFi extender near the host router. This is essential to get through the setup process smoothly.
- The next step is to apply power to the Victony extender. So connect its power adapter to it and plug it into an available power socket.
- If there is no power socket available near the host router, then using an extension cord will be helpful.
- Observe the lights on the extender. Once they turn solid, you can move to the next step as the extender is powered up completely.
- Make sure that the host router is also connected to the power socket and booted up properly.
- Now, locate the WPS button on the extender.
- When you see it, press it gently.
- Similarly, locate and press the WPS button on the host router as well.
Congratulations! You are done setting up your Victony extender via the WPS button method.
Victony AC1200 Setup: Web Browser Method
This method wants you to access the Victony login page via the default IP address 192.168.1.2 to perform the Victony AC1200 setup. The detailed instructions are discussed ahead:
- Bring the Victony WiFi AC1200 extender to the same room where the host router has been placed by you.
- Next, plug in the Victony extender and the host router into well-working power sources and apply power to them.
- Using an Ethernet cable, make a stable and firm connection between the extender and the router. Ensure to use a good cable and insert it into the correct ports on the devices.
- The next step is to log in to the admin panel of the Victony AC1200 extender. So, power up the computer and fire up an internet browser on it.
- In the URL bar of the browser, insert the default IP address of the Victony extender.
- Hitting the Enter key next will take you to the login page.
- Insert the default login credentials on the login page and do the login.
- You will reach the Victony AC1200 setup page.
- Keep following the instructions that you see on the screen. This will complete the setup process of the Victony extender.
This is all about getting the Victony AC1200 setup done using the web browser method or the manual method.
After you are done with the Victony AC1200 setup, you can shift the extender to a new location in your home. An ideal place for the extender will be halfway between the router and the area with poor WiFi.
When you have relocated the extender to a new place, try to access its WiFi on any client device and see if the resultant signal is of good quality. If the signals are not proper then bring the extender closer to the router.
Another thing that you can do is update the firmware on the Victony AC1200 extender to the most recent version. For this, you need to access the Victony AC1200 setup page to go to the settings and then update the firmware.
Wrapping Things Up
Here comes an end to our informative post about how you can complete the Victony AC1200 setup using the WPS method as well as the web browser method. We are hoping that you are now able to access seamless internet access in those areas of the home where you never imagined having WiFi earlier.