Want to Do WiFi Repeater Setup on Mobile? Find How!
Do you wish to set up your Wireless N WiFi range repeater in your home with the already existing home network using your mobile phone? Well, we must say you have reached the right post. This very post is penned down to help users like you to execute the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup on mobile phone. Although the information about the setup process is given in the user guide, users often find the instructions in the manual a bit tricky to understand and follow. Thus, comes this article that is there to rescue you by helping you with simple and easy-to-understand details on the WiFi repeater setup on phone so that you can execute the process without any issues.
How to Complete WiFi Repeater Setup on Mobile?
You have two options if you want to set up your Wireless N WiFi repeater through a smartphone.
- One is by using the mobile application
- The second is using the web browser on a phone
- We will talk about both methods in detail ahead.
WiFi Repeater Setup via Mobile App
Here are the steps that you should apply if you are using the app to complete the Wireless N WiFi repeater setup on mobile:
- If you haven’t downloaded the WiFi repeater app on your phone then download it first using the application store.
- The next step is to connect the repeater to the host router. Use an Ethernet cable to connect these two networking devices. You also have the option of letting the devices connect wirelessly. Do not forget to verify the connection.
- Once the devices are connected, power up the router first and then the WiFi repeater.
- Be sure that the router as well as the repeater receive a consistent electricity supply.
- The phone on which you have the WiFi repeater app installed needs to be connected to the repeater’s network now.
- You should connect to the repeater’s WiFi using the SSID and WiFi password of the repeater. Check the label on the repeater or the user guide to know the SSID and WiFi password of the WiFi repeater.
- Launch the WiFi repeater app now.
- Use the admin login details to sign up if prompted.
- Follow the setup instructions as they appear and you will be done with the setup process.
This is how you can complete the Wireless N WiFi repeater setup on mobile using the application.
WiFi Repeater Setup via Browser on Phone
You can also use the browser installed on your phone to set up the repeater. Use these steps for the same:
- Make sure that the WFi repeater and the host router and firmly connected with each other and that the devices are fully powered on.
- Get the phone connected to the repeater’s WiFi.
- Thereafter, run an internet browser that is installed on your phone.
- In the URL bar, type the default IP address of the Wireless-N WiFi repeater. You can refer to the user guide for the IP address.
- You will land on the repeater setup page on the browser.
- The prompts that you see on the mobile screen need to be followed to carry out the setup process.
As you have completed the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup on mobile, you can now connect all other client devices in your home to the repeater’s network. However, relocate the repeater first. Shift it to a place where you wish to repeat the existing WiFi signals. But while you are doing this, remember to place the repeater within the range of the router. The router serves as the signal provider for the repeater. Hence placing the repeater within the boundary line of the router’s range is essential.
In the End
We hope that you have found this blog useful to execute the Wireless N WiFi repeater setup on mobile. We also hope that the information provided in this guide and clear to understand and easy to execute. After you have set up the repeater and shifted it to a new place, you can have a lag free internet and ditch away WiFi dead spots in your home.