How to Do Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup?
Looking for a guide to do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup? Yes? We have prepared one for you. Here, you will learn various methods to do wireless repeater setup in a hassle-free manner. Not only this, but we will also shed light on various issues that you might come across WiFi repeater setup process along with solutions on how to fix them. So, read on.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup Modes
You can set up Wireless-N WiFi repeater in three different modes that are as follows:
- Repeater Mode
- Client Mode
- AP Mode
Now, let's shed light on the steps to configure all the three operation modes of your Wireless-N repeater.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup in Repeater Mode
- Unbox your Wireless-N WiFi repeater. Make sure that none of the accessories get damaged during unboxing.
- Now, plugin your Wireless-N repeater to a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button and let the LED light on your repeater glow.
- Switch the mode selector button to Repeater.
- Thereafter, connect your Wireless-N repeater and the host router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
Note: You can also use a wireless source to create a connection between your Wireless-N repeater and router.
- Get access to a PC or a laptop.
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address of your Wireless-N WiFi repeater into the address bar.
- Press Enter.
- You will be taken to the Wireless-N repeater login page.
- Here, enter the default username and password of your repeater and click the OK button.
- The WiFi repeater setup wizard will come into view.
- You will see a few prompts on the WiFi repeater setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- The Connection Successful window will appear.
In this manner, you can do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup in the Repeater mode. Just in case you are unable to execute the wireless repeater setup process, get in touch with our experts.
Struggling with Wireless-N WiFi repeater issues? Write to us at email@example.com and get an expert's guidance.
Chat With Us
Chat with our well-versed professionals and get instant answers to all your quesries related to Wireless- N WiFi repeater.
Our technical team is standing on the toes 24x7 to help you fix Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup issues.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup in Client Mode
Doing Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup in the Client mode will switch your repeater to act as a wireless adapter. So, you are free to connect your client devices to the repeater's network wirelessly. Walk through the below-mentioned instructions to do Wireless-N repeater setup in the Client mode.
- Connect your Wireless-N repeater to a reliable power source and switch it on.
- Switch the mode selector button to Client.
- To begin with, connect your Wireless-N repeater to the main router either using a wired or a wireless source.
- Access the Wireless-N repeater default IP address on a web browser.
- Log in to your Wireless-N WiFi repeater using the default login credentials.
- Now, you will see the WiFi repeater setup wizard consisting of some instructions.
- Read the instructions and follow them to get success with the Wireless-N repeater setup process.
That's how can do the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup in the Client mode. Once the Wireless repeater setup process gets completed, feel free to connect your WiFi-enabled devices to its network and access a high-speed internet connection in every nook and cranny of your home. Now, let us shed light on the steps to do Wireless repeater setup in the AP mode.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup in AP Mode
Doing Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup in the AP mode gives wireless network capabilities to your extender. It means your Wireless-N WiFi repeater will act as an Access Point creating a hotspot for wireless client devices to connect to its network. Wondering how to do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup in AP mode? Give a read to the following instructions:
- Turn on your Wireless-N repeater and connect it to the host router.
- Now, position the mode selector button on the Wireless-N WiFi repeater to AP.
- Once done, load a web browser on your PC or laptop.
- Visit the default web address or IP address of the Wireless-N repeater and log in to it.
- Once you get redirected to the WiFi repeater setup wizard, consider going through the on-screen prompts carefully.
- Your Wireless-N repeater will get installed.
In this manner, you can do Wireless-N repeater setup in the AP mode. After getting success with the Wireless repeater setup process, you will be able to connect multiple WiFi-enabled devices to the repeater's network without worrying about a poor internet connection.
What happened? Finding it difficult to do Wireless WiFi repeater setup via a web browser? No worries! You can also set up your repeater using the WPS method. The next section will talk about the Wireless-N repeater setup process via WPS.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup via WPS Method
The WPS method is known as the easiest method to do Wireless repeater setup. WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup and does not demand the involvement of an Ethernet cable to connect your repeater to the host router. The best thing about the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup via the WPS method is that it can be executed only by pushing the WPS button present on the repeater. However, to get success with the setup process, your existing router should also support WPS configuration.
Walk through the instructions mentioned below in order to do wireless repeater setup using the WPS method:
- Place the Wireless-N WiFi repeater in close proximity with the host router.
- Turn on both WiFi devices.
- Now, find the WPS button on the Wireless-N repeater and press it.
- Once done, turn toward the host router and press the WPS button carefully.
- Wait for a few moments.
- The Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup is done.
This is how you can do wireless repeater setup using the WPS method. Wasn't setting up the repeater via the WPS button super easy? Well, now you can enjoy watching online videos, playing online games, and listening to Spotify on your wireless client devices.
Although the process to do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup is not a rocket science, still users face issues while executing it. Are you among them? Well, it might have happened due to certain reasons. Refer to the points mentioned below and learn what might be stopping you from doing wireless repeater setup.
Unable to Do Wireless-N Repeater WiFi Setup?
- You might not be connected to high-speed internet.
- The default IP address entered by you is incorrect.
- Your Wireless-N WiFi repeater is not receiving an adequate power supply.
- The web browser being used to do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup is not running on an updated version.
- You might have used the incorrect login credentials to log in to your Wireless-N repeater.
- The cable connecting your Wireless-N WiFi repeater and the router has undergone a damage.
- You entered the default IP address into the search bar of the web browser.
- The WiFi repeater is not placed in an appropriate location during the wireless repeater setup process.
- Your Wireless-N WiFi repeater and the host router are placed wide apart.
- The WiFi-enabled device being used to perform wireless repeater setup is packed with too much security.
- You didn't follow the instructions carefully on the WiFi repeater setup wizard.
Whatever might be the reason for halting your access to the WiFi repeater setup wizard and completing the installation process, following the tips discussed in the next section will help you overcome the issue you are facing.
Fixed: Can't Do Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup
- To get success with the wireless repeater setup process, it is quite important to have access to a high-speed internet connection. However, a lack of a reliable internet connection will certainly push you to Wireless-N repeater setup issues. To check the reliability of the internet connection, you can run a speed test on your computer. In case of poor results, consider contacting your ISP.
- The default IP address of the Wireless-N repeater is the gateway to access the WiFi repeater setup wizard. Therefore, the utmost care needs to be taken while accessing the default IP. Consider not making any typing mistakes while entering the default IP address of the repeater in the web browser's address bar. In case you are unaware of the repeater's default IP address, refer to the user manual.
- As mentioned earlier that the insufficiency of the power supply might also prevent you from completing the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup process. Therefore, don't ever think of using a damaged wall outlet to power up your Wireless-N repeater. If you do so, it can cause permanent damage to your WiFi device. If your area suffers a lot of power outages, consider using a UPS to get success with the wireless WiFi repeater setup process.
- Did you use an outdated web browser to do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup? Well, you shouldn't have done that. An outdated web browser is one of the primary reasons that stops users from accessing the WiFi repeater setup wizard and getting success with the installation process. So, without any delay, get your web browser updated. Also, make sure that the web browser you are using for the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup is not accumulated with junk files. If it is, delete them as soon as possible.
- The key to unlock the WiFi repeater setup wizard is the default login credentials. If they are entered incorrectly, then you are bound to face issues during the Wireless-N repeater setup process. The default login credentials of the Wireless-N repeater are case-sensitive. So, you need to be cautious while typing them on the repeater's login window. Also, ensure that the Caps Lock key on the keyboard is off.
- The router acts as an internet source for the Wireless-N repeater. If the Ethernet cable connecting both devices is not free of cuts, it not only forces you to face Wireless repeater setup issues but also makes you a victim of other repeater-related issues. Therefore, get the worn-out Ethernet cable replaced with a new one. And yes, do not forget to make the connection finger-tight.
- Keep in mind that you can't be able to do Wireless N repeater setup if you enter the default IP address of the repeater into the search bar of the web browser. Make sure that you are typing the IP address in the URL field of the web browser.
- Do you know what is the perfect location for your Wireless-N repeater? No? Well, let us make you aware of the one. The ideal location of your Wireless-N repeater is the one that is free of metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and devices emitting radio-wave frequencies. To name a few, a location packed with microwave ovens, cellular phones, aluminum studs, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, mirrors, and fish tanks is not the correct location for your repeater. So, if you have placed your repeater near any of the aforementioned objects, get it relocated right away and try to do Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup again.
- The communication between your repeater and the host router needs to be strong throughout the Wireless N repeater setup process. However, that's not possible if the distance between both devices is improper. To get success with the wireless repeater setup process, you need to maintain a proper distance between your WiFi devices.
- Yes, we agree that antivirus software and firewall installed on your PC are good alternatives to keep viruses at bay. But, they are also responsible for creating issues during the Wireless N repeater setup process. Therefore, it is recommended to temporarily disable the antivirus software on the PC before heading toward the wireless repeater setup process.
- After logging in to the repeater, the WiFi repeater setup wizard welcomes you with certain instructions. Chances are that you weren't attentive during the Wireless N repeater setup process and skipped an important prompt. So, it is advised to follow the on-screen instructions on the WiFi repeater setup wizard with caution.
Once you are done following the above-discussed troubleshooting tips, see whether you are still struggling to get success with the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup process. Just in case you are still running out of luck, contact our proficient experts. They are available to help you.
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup FAQs
- Ques 1. Why I am unable to access the default IP address while doing Wireless-N repeater setup?
Ans: You might be facing issues while accessing the default IP address during the Wireless-N repeater setup process either due to a weak internet connection or an outdated version of the web browser. Apart from this, you might also struggle to access the default IP due to a typo or the use of the search bar. Once you mend your ways, you will successfully be able to access the repeater's IP address.
- Ques 2. How do I access the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup Wizard?
Ans: To access the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup wizard, you need to go through the following guidelines:
- Switch on your Wireless-N WiFi repeater.
- Create a connection between your Wireless-N repeater and the main router.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc. on your computer.
- Move the cursor to the URL field.
- Type the default web address of the Wireless-N repeater.
- Press the Enter key to get redirected to the Wireless repeater login page.
- Now, enter the login credentials of the Wireless-N WiFi repeater and click the OK button.
- The Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup wizard will welcome you.
However, if you are unable to reach the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup wizard using the aforementioned steps, contact our professionals for expert guidance.
- Ques 3. Why does my Wireless-N repeater keep disconnecting?
Ans: Plenty of reasons might drag you to the Wireless-N repeater keep disconnecting issue. But, the primary reason is an unstable connection between your Wireless-N repeater and the host router. Therefore, it is strictly advised to maintain a firm connection between WiFi devices. You might also experience this issue if the location of your repeater is not right. Thus, try eliminating the issue by experimenting with the location of your Wireless-N WiFi repeater.
- Ques 4. Can I change the admin password after completing the Wireless-N repeater setup process?
Ans: Yes, you can change the admin password of your device after getting success with the Wireless N repeater setup process. All you need to do is access the WiFi repeater setup wizard, and make changes under the System Utility menu.
- Ques 5. How do I back up the settings of my Wireless-N WiFi repeater?
Ans: It is quite easy to save the backup of the settings of your device. You can do it by accessing the Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup wizard. Here are the instructions to help you with the backup process:
- Open a web browser on your computer and log in to your repeater with the help of the default admin details.
- As soon as you see the Wireless repeater setup wizard, click the System Utility menu.
- Thereafter, select the Advanced Settings menu and click the Device Management option.
- The Configuration Tool window will welcome you.
- Click the Save Button to back up the repeater's settings.
- The backup file of your Wireless-N WiFi repeater will get saved to your PC.
In case you are unable to back up the settings of your Wireless-N WiFi repeater, ping our experts.