How to Setup Opticover WiFi Extender using 192.168.188.1?
Range extenders works as the booster for your home WiFi router. You can easily set up with Ethernet cable or without using any wire.
Here we will only discuss about the Opticover WiFi extender. You will find and learn all the information about this mentioned brand network device. You can easily complete its installation like Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup.
You will walk through from the Opticover range extender’s package accessories, specifications, troubleshooting tips, and full installation procedure down here. Let’s start this blog without any delay.
Package Accessories: Opticover WiFi Extender
There is not much in the accessories that Opticover WiFi range extender provides in its package box. Take a look what you will get in the new WiFi extender box.
- A main Opticover WiFi extender unit with antennas will be founded in the box.
- User manual to setup and an Ethernet cable for connection is added in the accessory box.
Now, let’s see specifications and shape information in down written section.
Specifications: Opticover WiFi Extender
Here in this section, you will get to know specification of Opticover WiFi range extender, so let’s get started.
- This mentioned brand WiFi extender is small network device and has two antennas.
- On the front of the device, you will find a LED light and a power button, so that you can see the status and turn on the extender.
- At the side, you will see a reset and WPS button to reset and connect the extender to router without using any wire.
- You will also get Ethernet port under the Opticover network device to connect it via Ethernet cable to router.
- It is a plug-in device, so you don’t have to use power cord to supply power, just plug it into electric wall socket directly.
Now, take a look at simple to apply troubleshooting tips before setting up your new Opticover WiFi extender device.
Troubleshooting Tips: Opticover WiFi Extender
These tips will help you to install WiFi extender in your house without facing any technical error related to network device interface or hardware.
- You should choose an optimal location for your extender to make a link between extender and router.
- Make sure you didn’t place any electronic device near to the Opticover WiFi extender.
- Check all the accessories like Ethernet cable. It should be in good condition.
- The wall socket must be close to the router if you want to connect your extender to router wirelessly.
After following above written tips, just go through the installation process of the Opticover WiFi extender using its assigned IP address 220.127.116.11.
Installation Process: Opticover WiFi Extender
There are two parts that this section contains. First part will give you information about the hardware connection of extender to router, and second will explain how to adjust its settings.
- It is simple to connect your extender to router with the help of the Ethernet cable. Just place it near to your home router and find WAN port of the extender and LAN port of the router. Then, insert the cable’s end to founded ports. Now, you have to turn on the extender by plugging it into a wall socket and pressing the power button.
- You can also connect your extender to router by WPS button wirelessly. Simply, turn on the extender and press the WPS button on your home WiFi router and then hit the WPS button on the range extender. After this process, connection will be established automatically.
Now, you have to configure the Opticover WiFi extender settings and networks through your computer via 192.168.188.1 to complete Opticover Wifi extender setup.
Adjusting Settings And Networks
- You must link your computer to your Opticover device through LAN cable.
- Then, open internet browser in it and search its assigned IP that is 192.168.188.1.
- This IP will take you to the interface login page, where you have to enter login details.
- These login details are username and password, which you can find in your WiFi extender user manual.
- After typing the credentials and hitting the Enter key, you will get to the interface dashboard. Here you can adjust the settings and new network connection easily.
The IP is an address that given to all network device and the most brands uses a famous IP address to complete the installation that is 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup.
Here we reached at the end of this blog, in which you have read the full information about the Opticover WiFi extender. We have shared its accessories, specification, troubleshooting tips and installation procedure.